Monday, March 23, 2009

A Spring Equinox Memory
The vernal equinox (which came at 7:44 this morning) is a powerful event for me, maybe the most powerful of the year, astrologically speaking. It's powerful because it's attached to a memory, a strange, sweet, strong memory. Care to hear a story?

My junior year of college, I spent spring break in Cancun with my boyfriend Rob. I was excited for the clear waters and the white sands, but as a religious studies major, I was extra excited because we were going to be there during the vernal equinox--"there" meaning at Chichen Itza, the astounding Mayan temple that's just a short bus ride inland from the beach parties of Cancun at spring break.

2 comments:

Cancun Mexico said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cancun Mexico said...

Hi,
We had news there'll be diferent activities in some Cancun Mexico places, like special astrological events, naturist products,market maya, artcraft and music. Do you know something about that?