Saturday, September 19, 2009

What I Ate on My Summer Vacation: Guacamole

Before Y&H does anything else on his first day back, I’d like to give a big round of applause to Derek Brown, Orr Shtuhl, Tammy Tuck and Bruce Falconer for their informative, funny, and hang0ver-free Two Week Bender. C’mon, folks, give it up for these two-fisted all-stars! (I say that, even though I think Mr. Brown needs to enroll in Dick Cheney’s Remedial Torture Techniques class before suggesting that a simple Indian rug burn would be punishment enough for the next person who puts whipped cream on a daiquiri.)

As for me, I spent that past two weeks roaming the Yucatan, where I managed to successfully avoid Montezuma’s notorious vengeance, despite wolfing down just about every food I encountered, from smoked sausage in Temozon to homemade popsicles in Izamal to roadside chickens in Piste to the best damn Mayan barbecue grouper on Isla Mujeres.

Posted via web from cancun's posterous

No comments: