Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Who's responsible to tell you if your flight's been canceled?

Question: In March 2009, I made reservations on Travelocity.com for a November diving trip to Cozumel, Mexico. Apparently the airline cancelled the international leg of my itinerary back in April, but Travelocity did not notify me of this. I did receive an e-mail in May noting changes to my domestic flight times, but it said nothing about my international flight, and the e-mail specifically stated that I did not need to contact Travelocity about the changes.

In October, about two weeks before my trip, I logged onto Travelocity to confirm my reservation. Only then was I informed that the international flights had been canceled. I spent hours on the phone with Travelocity representatives, who were polite but full of contradictory information. They placed all the blame on the airline, and repeatedly asserted I had been informed of the change. They also were not able to help me book new flights. First they offered alternate flights to nearby Cancun, then rescinded the offer, and offered later flight dates, but said I would be responsible for the additional fare.

Posted via web from Cancun Mexico News

No comments: