Tuesday, March 9, 2010

How to find the best Spring Break travel deals online

Kayak.com is a great place to start. It's a simple search engine that checks several popular search sites at the same time. Plus it's simple design isn't cluttered with lots of graphics and advertisements. Let's say I'm searching for the best deal on a trip for 2 to Cancun, Mexico on April 2nd through April 10th. After searching through Vayama, Travelocity, Priceline and several airlines, Kayak's best deal was $470. The deal was found on Priceline.

We need to make sure we're finding the best deal online. Next stop, ITASofware.com. This site acts like a travel agent insider site that hooks you up with secret-underground deals. I've read several good reviews about this site but today I wasn't impressed. Once I signed up, ITASoftware searched and couldn't find any flights under $700. So, I checked out another site; CFares.com. For a $50 annual membership fee, you will get small rebates whenever you book a through them. Each rebate may only add up to be $10 or $20 bucks but if you're like me and fly multiple times a year, that money really adds up. I checked my Cancun dates and found a flight for $648 with the rebate. Not bad but not great either.

more via:
http://www.kwgn.com/news/kwgn-online-travel-deals-030810,0,7046817.story

Posted via web from Cancun Mexico News

No comments: